What are those who are self-employed grateful for this holiday season? After putting this question to some friends and to Google, ten general reasons for gratitude stand out.
- Doing what they love and if they work exclusively online they can do it from anywhere in the world.
- Inspiration and ideas that they can act on.
- Flexible hours and no need to ask for permission. You can go to the dentist or your child’s soccer game, it’s your decision.
- Supportive family and friends
- Customers and clients who see the value of what they do.
- The chance to make a difference in the world.
- Receiving payment for value delivered.
- Passive income.
- Challenges including being able to learn from your mistakes and building the courage to ask for the sale.
- “Technology” and ….. everything they cannot live without: the Internet, PayPal, WordPress, Adobe software, Wikipedia, Skype, Social networks.