If you are running an online business or a business that has an online presence, YouTube is one of the social media sites that you should be using, Why?
- 1 billion users (globally)
- 7 million US visitors per month
- 59% of all Hispanics are on YouTube
- 55% of all women ages 18-54 are on YouTube
- 62% of all men ages 18-24 are on YouTube
- 54% of all teens are on YouTube
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged 18–34 than any cable network
Plus You Tube
- is a community that like other social media has subscribers, friends, likes, comments, share, and views.
- makes it much easier to rank a high on YouTube with a video than on Google with a website.
- is free, passive traffic
.Your YouTube video should provide high content information, which gives you professional authority. You do not need to star in your video. As long as potential customer either see or hear you, you will build rapport with potential customers.
What sort of video should you make? Consider
- A how-to video that uses PowerPoint, screen shots, or demonstrations
- A music and picture video which is a series a pictures with accompanying music that is targeted to your niche.
Keep in mind that your video should be non-promotional but that you can add the link to your website or squeeze page at the end of the video.
For more info on using You Tube, see my Sept 19 2013 post or